- Play nice and be positive. Your behavior in and out of the guild is a direct reflection on Dark Shadows.
- Be respectful and avoid abusive language intended to hurt, anger or upset your fellow players. Always try to act the way you would want others to act towards you. We won’t tolerate drama and antagonism. We’re a guild of adults, so act like one.
- Be the best at your class. Look for ways to improve your knowledge and skill at your class and work to acquire the necessary tools/gear to do that.
- Be responsible. We expect our Raiders to be prepared, be on time and to be there for all Raids. We do understand that real life issues come up so if you need to miss a raid or you’re going to be late please post your absence on the Attendance forum or let an Officer know before the scheduled raid.
- Teamwork is a must. Lend a hand, whether you are raiding, helping a lower level player or a group of guild members. Show your fellow Guild Members you are a team player.
Raid Times (Excluding Holidays):
- Saturday 11 am - 2:00 pm Est
- Level 70 / 100 AA
- Discord / Microphone
- Able to make at least 75% of our scheduled raids (3/4 scheduled raids per month)
- Able and willing to work to improve your character on non-raid days
- 18 years of age and older
- Epic 1.0: ideally you should have your epic completed, but you need to be working on it if not
- Spells should be at least Expert level when we start raiding the new expansion and you should be making every attempt to upgrade your spells to Grandmaster
Be ready to raid!
- We would like people to log-in by 10:45am EST so we can setup. Be logged in on your Main Raider, in Discord by 10:45 am EST, and at the zone-in. We start promptly at 11 am.
- Have your Raid Bag ready (examples include):
- Arrows and Throwing Weapons
- Cure Potions
- Raid Food/Drink/Snacks
- Helpful Elixirs/Poisons/Temps
- Patch Kits or Repair Bot
Raid Alts and Raid Standby:
- Raid alts are any toon other than a main raider/backup raider that is brought in at the raid leader's discretion to assist the raid or fill a gap. As such they need to be geared to not only survive the current encounter but contribute to defeating progression level encounters. The Officers will take into consideration frequency of use and time since last used to determine if raid alt status applies.
- Having a full raid is key to progression; additionally certain mobs may require a different class makeup in the raid to be successful, therefore we carry more than 24 raiders. This means at times you may be asked to be on standby. While on standby, raiders can be on alts or running zones but must remain in vent (another channel is fine) and be able to zone into the raid zone within 5 minutes of being called.
- The initial recruitment period last for 3 raids or approximately 3 weeks. The Recruitment period may be shorter or longer based on Leader/Officers discretion. Recruits are allowed to bid on loot that has gone to dsloot.
- After the initial recruiting period is up the Officers will vote on promoting the recruit to Backup Raider. After a minimum of 3 weeks with at least 80% attendance the Officers will vote on promoting a Backup Raider to Main Raider.
- Keep Discord clear when Officers are discussing strats. If you think we are doing something wrong or want to adjust our strategy on any given fight, please do so via tells to the Officers, not openly in Discord.
- Don't clutter Discord when we are in the middle of a fight, unless it pertains to the fight and is important enough to get everyone's attention. During pulls we use Discord to communicate to the raid about AE's, curing curses and a lot of other things. Too many people talking at once can get confusing and cause wipes due to missing critical information.
- You are welcome to chat during the down time between pulls, zones or break times.
- We expect everyone to show up for raid days but understand that real life prevents some from doing so. Please post in the Raid Attendance section of the forums/Discord as soon as you know if you will miss raid, arrive late or need to leave early, but no later than 15 minutes prior to raid start so Officers can make adjustments before the Raid. (texts, Discord PMs, calls to Officers are acceptable if you can't post on the forums for some reason)
- Except for an emergency, failing to post prior to raid will result in the missed raid counting double.
- 2 DKP points are awarded at the start of raids and for every hour of raiding.
- Server first on difficult content may be awarded bonus DKP (at Officers discretion).
DKP Cap/Monthly Reset
- DKP will be capped at a maximum of 100 points at the start of each month. This allows existing raiders to preserve a decent amount of earned DKP and new raiders to build up DKP points in order to catch up.
- If you are on time to the raid and are not placed into the raid by the raid leader you earn DKP. However, to continue earning the hourly DKP you must be available if called upon. We require that you be available in Discord. You must be in either the Raid channel or one of the other Voice channels. If you are away from Discord we must have a way to contact you to bring you in. The officer in charge of DKP for that night must be told what character you are on if you are on an alternate, a phone/text number, or you must be paying attention in Discord. If we make a reasonable attempt to contact you and you are not available you will lose all hourly DKP earned that night.
- If you are sitting and you leave early without telling an officer (preferably the one handling DKP for the night), you may lose all DKP for the night if the officer handling DKP that night does not notice when you leave.
- It is also your responsibility to pay attention to when loot drops if you wish to bid.
- The Reserve rank will consist of raiding members who fall below 50% attendance, raiders who are part-time and have sufficient gear to contribute to progression or applicants who show promise at the end of their application period, but still have deficiencies to address.
- Raid Alts are Officer assigned only and will be re-evaluated as we notice an alt being required often for raid progression.
Bidding for Loot:
- We use an open bidding system. Once a chest has been opened, the item will be linked in our DKP channel in-game (/join DSLoot) and announced over Discord what is up for bid.
- When bids have stopped an Officer will call "Last call for XXXX" to make sure that everyone is aware and then if there are no more bids assign the loot.
- The minimum bid on all current tier items and Tier 4 KA items is 5 DKP. If multiple people bid the same amount and no one bids higher, the first person who bid that amount will win the item.
- Loot priority is as follows: Raider Members (DKP) > Reserves (DKP) > Recruits (DKP) > Raid Alt (Plat bids) > Member Alts (Plat bids)
- If a Member's attendance falls below 70% you will be capped on loot bidding at 15 DKP until you can restore your attendance to above 70%
- If a Member's attendance falls below 50% you will be demoted to Reserve and your class will be added to the recruitment list until you can restore your attendance to above 70%.
- If you do not have the DKP to spend, do not bid (i.e. - no negative bidding)
- If someone bids DKP for an item and equips it on any toon that is not their main, they will be penalized by the following:
- First offense: 50 DKP dock
- Second offense: 50 DKP dock and looting rights revoked on any loot (for their main or otherwise) for one week
- Third offense: Guild removal
- Raid Alts are allowed to bid on loot at a minimum of 5p per item, with 1p increment bids.
- Members are allowed to bid on alt loot at a minimum of 5per item, with 1p increment bids. You are not limited on how many alts you can bid for, but this is a member-only perk (no alts for applicants).
- Member Alts that are on separate accounts must have their toon at or near the zone in if they are bidding on an item or have an available veteran call.
Masters are free to raiders, applicants and any reserve raiders/raid alts that are PRESENT on a raid. Loot priority applies to Masters looted during raid, so they will go to Raiders>Reserves>Applicants>Raid Alts. Masters that are not needed by any raiders or applicants (and with no reserve raiders/raid alts present) will be placed on an officer's broker for purchase. Plat proceeds will go toward the plat split or guild costs, purchasing of banners, potions, etc.
- Plat from chests will be split among the actual Raid Force at the time of the kill. This is to compensate for repairs and other temp items that members of the Raid expend during the fight.
- Plat from sales of gear/masters etc.. will be split at the end of the month. Members must maintain 75% attendance to receive a plat split. To qualify for the monthly plat split you must have been a member as of the 1st of the month.
Attendance Bonus Points:
At the end of each month bonus points will be awarded to members according to their 30 day attendance. To qualify for the monthly bonus(es) you must have been a full member as of the 1st of the month.
- 100% 25 DKP
- 75% 10 DKP
Recruitment Bonus Points:
- Members sponsoring a recruit that makes member themselves will receive 25 bonus DKP.
- Only one sponsor per recruit.
- Two recruit per member per month limit.
- The recruit must specify their sponsor on their application in the space provided.
- Applies to members only.
Ninja Logging/Rage Quitting:
- Ninja logging is defined as /quitting or leaving for any unknown reason
- If you are found to be ninja logging the consequences are as follows*:
- First Offense: Loss of 25 DKP
- Second Offense: Loss of 50 DKP and forfeiture of that month's plat split and DKP attendance bonus
- Third Offense: Removal from guild.
*Consequences can change at Leadership discretion.
- If you leave the guild in addition to ninja log, you will forfeit all bonuses for that month if you return to the guild.
- We understand there are circumstances where people will have to log and take care of Real Life emergencies and or get booted by weather conditions outside the member’s control. All we ask is that you inform an officer either by a phone call/text, or a personal message on the Guild Forums or Discord.
Raiding with other Guilds:
- Raiding current content with other guilds on your main or alts that are used frequently in raids will not be permitted.
- Members who are or who desire to raid outside our guild on off-nights should inform an officer to ensure that no conflict exists.
Main Tank/Off Tank:
- The Main Tank and Off Tank of a guild is key to its success in raiding.
- Certain items when they are a Mitigation upgrade for the tank will be prioritized to the MT or OT. In this case the MT or OT pays DKP minimum + 10 additional DKP. This is to ensure that we have the best equipped MT & OT possible. This is at the discretion of the Officers.
Officers will do what is best for the guild as a whole, so there may be times exceptions are granted to rules on a case by case basis. Some exceptions may be granted under the following circumstances:
- Death/Injury in the family
- Illness for an extended period of time
- Planned Vacation